Reflect on a longer period of work and improve agreements.
- ~60 min
- cadence, usually 2-4 weeks
- helps seeing the bigger picture, and identifying more complex types of waste
- What can we learn from the last iteration of work?
- Are our tools still sharp enough?
- Are we still going in the right direction?
Building in continuous improvement of process:
- goal: reflection on the past to guide process improvement
- output: proposals for agreements, tensions, drivers or tasks
- facilitated meeting (~1hr)
- regular intervals (1-4 weeks)
- adapt to situation and context:
- 5 phases with many different patterns for each phase
A time to reflect on process improvement
5 Phases of a Retrospective Meeting
- Set the Stage
- Gather Data
- Generate Insights
- Decide What to Do
- Close the Retrospective
Activities for each phase can be found at plans-for-retrospectives.com