The meeting host is accountable for preparation and follow-up of meetings, workshops or other events.
The role may be assigned temporarily (i.e. for one specific event) or for a duration of time.
Responsibilities Of A Meeting Host
- identify goals and deliverables
- prepare and distribute agenda and schedule
- estimate required time
- identify and invite participants
- schedule the meeting/workshop
- book location (and transportation if required)
- set up the space, provide required materials and information
- ensure selection of a facilitator and a notetaker to record minutes, if appropriate
- clean up location, return keys etc.
- ensure minutes are distributed