To reveal drivers and establish a metrics-based pull-system for organizational change.
- introduce the principle of consent and Navigate Via Tension to evolve work process in one team
- consider selecting a facilitator and agreeing on values
- trigger continuous improvement (e.g through Kanban)
- team members pull in S3 patterns as required
- expand the scope of the experiment iteratively
- intentionally look out for impediments
Waste And Continuous Improvement
Waste is anything not necessary for - or standing in the way of - effective response to a driver.
- waste exists in various forms and on different levels of abstraction (tasks, processes, organizational structure, mental models…)
- establishing a process for ongoing elimination of waste enables natural evolution of an organization towards greater effectiveness
- adaptation to changing context is built into the process