Intentionally shape the culture in your organization.
A value is a principle that guides behavior. Values define scope for action and ethical constraints.
- each member brings their own values to an organization based on personal experiences and beliefs
a group or organization may choose to collectively adopt values to guide their collaboration
- values offer guidance to determine appropriate action, even in the absence of explicit agreements
- defining values is a strategy that supports effectiveness of an organization:
- reduces potential for misunderstanding
- aligns decision making and action
- attracts new members, partners and customers who are aligned with the organization
- values are an agreement and thus subject to regular review